- Motherwell Network currently has ten members and three associate members.
- Bellshill Network currently has ten members and three associate members.
- Wishaw 2 Network currently has eight members and two associate members.
- Wishaw 1 Network currently has eight members and two associate members.
- Wishaw 3 Network currently has seven members and two associate members.
- Shotts Network currently has three members.
We are also working with referrals at present time for Wishaw networks.
We have very interactive networks across Northlan 1. Members meet regularly and keep in touch with each other. We have a Health & Wellbeing Group, Arts & Crafts Group, Household Skills Class, Walking Group and a Cooking Class.
Members also volunteer in a very sheltered housing complex in Motherwell and visit the residents regularly. The members host coffee mornings and have social nights where our members entertain. They also help with the buffet at these events and assist staff clearing up. The elderly residents enjoy members visiting and also invite members along to any events or outings they are hosting. A few members who have computer skills have been spending time with the residents teaching them how to use a computer. We also have members who volunteer in a local toddler’s group. Members also sang at their local church at the Easter Show with the minister and the community.
We have recently started up a Community Circle. This is for members and people from the community who get together sharing information, reducing isolation, making connections and building friendships. We have just received funding from the Social Enterprise for Leadership training for our Community Circle.
We also host charity events to raise funds for McMillan and the Beatson cancer trust. This is a fantastic opportunity for members and all the community coming together. Members also carry out peer support regularly where they go to knitting groups, cinema, bowling, have social evenings, they enjoy going for lunch and visiting each other.