Neighbourhood Networks Website Brief – December 2022
Neighbourhood Networks is a registered Scottish Charity developing and facilitating peer support services for vulnerable adults across the central belt of Scotland. We currently deliver services in 10 Local Authority Areas across this geographic span. We have a staff team of 53 people and one central office for the organisation, based in Glasgow.
The existing Neighbourhood Networks website at www.neighbourhoodnetworks.org was launched in 2017 and uses WordPress and Beaver Builder, with key sections, such as news, vacancies and staff team easily updated by the in-house team as part of their wider roles. However other sections of the website are more complex to update and require external guidance. Our website currently attracts most of its traffic through our recruitment campaigns. Currently our website does not focus information on our clients, but rather an external audience. This is mainly due to support services mainly being at a very local level, however the last two years has seen more centralised services also introduced, particularly online digital activities, and it would be good to now highlight these on the website. Since the website was build our branding has been updated and we have a clear defined image, style and set of supporting graphics which also need to be incorporated.
We are looking for an external website consultant to review our current website and help us to ensure that our updated website puts accessibility first and fits with our brand guidelines.
As part of this work, we would like to:
- Update the design and feel of our website to fit with Neighbourhood Networks brand guidelines
- Make compliance with The Equalities Act 2010 and associated guidance on accessibility of the website a key priority, not just for our client group who often have learning disabilities, but also for those who may be accessing the website on tablets, mobiles, or who may not have programmes to open downloads, for example
- Introduce a new area of our website for our members to have up to date information on events, activities, news, etc relevant to them
- Provide guidance to ensure that the Privacy Statement and Terms & Conditions of Use for the website are sufficient and up to date and that systems comply with GDPR requirements
- Integration with our social media channels
- Increase the use of videos on the website where appropriate
- Enhance the recruitment section of our website to move away from downloads for vacancies and make the application process more streamlined and online (Please note this section of work will form Phase 2 of the proposal and can take place after April 23).
We would also like to develop a programme of user testing for our website to ensure it is fit for purpose and that people can find what they need easily. We would also like to develop a series of meaningful analytics to show that the website is supporting our work.
Ideally, we are looking for this work to start February 2023 and it should be ready for an initial soft launch and test by the end of March 2023 (i.e. within the current financial year). Final phase 1 work can be completed May 2023. Phase 2 work can commence after April 2023.
We will offer time at the start January 2023 to meet with interested parties to discuss the work and to reach a decision about who is best placed to deliver it. This will require both a written estimate for the completion of the work and a commitment to have the work completed in the timescales listed above and this must be submitted in advance of the work commencing.
If interested in pursuing this opportunity, please submit an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 21st December marking your communication “Website Note of Interest” and we will be in touch to take things forward to the next step.
Thank you for your time.